Days/hours of Volunteering
- Drafting a plan how to make the finances of DGD more sustainable, ensuring enough income to cover the ongoing expenses
- Increase their knowledge of the work carried out by DGD and transform this knowledge into information that can be delivered to other youths, using the youth’s language
- Making contacts with local councils, schools, parishes, increasing awareness on DGD, Ta’ Ninu’s Cave and how they can contribute and learn by visiting the Cave
- Create content / leaflet which will be used by families and children visiting Ta’ Ninu’s Cave, to learn more about this natural treasure in Gozo and the mission of DGD
- Creating an online platform from where the general public could learn more on Ta’ Ninu’s Cave, could send requests for booking and also ask any queries they might have.
- Communication Skills;
- Finance Management;
- Project Management;
- Team Work; and
- The value of volunteering and working for a social cause.
- Have good IT literacy skills as they need to create resources through IT.
About the Voluntary Organisation:
Dar Guzeppa Debono
Dar Guzeppa Debono (DGD) has been operating for several years. Direct assistance which is given to vulnerable persons is dealt by professionals who are paid for their job or on a voluntary basis. However, all other work including administrative and management of specific projects is carried out by volunteers. Run by volunteers, Dar Guzeppa Debono provides residence, support, and professional help to single mothers, fathers, and their respective families in liaison with other agencies.