Human Rights Volunteer
virtually, Valletta, Qawra
Days/hours of Volunteering
Physical/Sensory/Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Difficulties
- strengthening the MHREC youth group and social media.
- work and contribute to a team with a focus on supporting other youth within their community.
- learn about human rights, whilst also practising their leadership and networking skills within a collaborative and blended-learning environment.
- Activities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to implementing of the monthly volunteer meet up
- Support in the creation and implementation of youth educational non formal learning activities
- Participate in educational non formal learning activities organised both internally and externally
- Promotion of activities open to youth to encourage them to bring their contribution to local causes and raise youngsters’ interest in Human Rights issues.
- Supporting the preparation and running the info point for youth network.
- Speak and write in English
- Be enthusiastic and motivatedBe proactive -We expect the volunteer to work with us to establish clear goals and expectations with their professional and personal development
- Be age 16 or over
- Well organised
- Available for 1-6 months
- Passion for human rights and youth issues
About the Voluntary Organisation:
Malta Human Rights Education Centre
The MHREC is a voluntary association (VO/2005) that aims to disseminate human rights ideals and principles, and educate the general public on notions of anti-discrimination and equality. We understand that we need to have individuals and even groups participate and involve themselves to fully realize this aim. Therefore the achievement of these aims is best served by the active participation of citizens of the community. To this end, the Organisation accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels of the Organisation and within all appropriate programs and activities. True to this, the co-founders and extended team are volunteers themselves, some of which youth volunteers.